Saturday, June 29, 2013
If you take a 15-minute stroll after every meal.You can lower your blood sugar and risk of developing type 2 diabetes, according to a study published in" Diabetes Care". [ABC News] Just a tip to help dieters become successful in losing weight.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Nothing inspires like the success of others. If you have friends who have lost weight, get them to open up to you about how they did it. If you don't have friends who have had great weight loss accomplishments, then you can look on the internet for inspiration or ask a neighbor how they did it.hope this helps you get started
Monday, June 17, 2013
People who are busy often say they don’t have time to Diet Who has extra hours in their day to read complicated diet advice books or surf websites. If you can master these three basic principles, you'll be on your way to successful weight loss.
- If you choose the right foods, but eat too much of them, your weight-loss plan won't work. Most common mistake by dieters is to over eat organic foods and foods that are perceived to be healthy.
Portion control is an essential skill for effective weight loss. Chicken breast is great for you, but not if you eat more than you need. Some foods are better for your body than junk food, but they'll still cause if you overeat.
Stick to these portion sizes when planning your meals:
- 1 serving of cereal = size of your fist
- 1 serving of a starch (rice, pasta, potato) = half of a baseball
- 1 serving of cheese = 4 stacked dice
- 1 serving of fruit = baseball
- 1 serving of margarine or butter = 1 dice
- 1 serving of meat, fish, poultry = a deck of cards
Most people can reduce their daily intake by 500 calories per day to see a healthy weight loss of about 1 pound per week.
- Move more. This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to exercise For some people, exercise works against them. If you complete a hard workout in the morning and then spend the rest of day sitting or lying on the couch, you will probably end up burning fewer calories from movement than a person who does not exercise and who makes non-exercise activity a part of their daily habit.
- So start losing those extra pounds today.